Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Inexpensive ways to Go Green

Hello everyone, I am into a new construction project and I am looking to make certain green choices along the way. I have made up my mind about geothermal as I do not have access to natural gas and will turn to solar power in the near future as soon as I become capable of affording it.
    Ideas will be much appreciated.

Going 'green' can mean many thing- it can either mean energy efficiency or refer to the impact that the building materials have reducing the carbon footprint. A smaller house is definitely 'greener'. I''ll suggest to opt for lower ceilings. Invest on durable and well-insulated envelope. Be attentive about the window exposures.

Comment

I think the mini split will be the best thing. Frankly, I am not an ardent fan of geo-thermal systems mostly because of the complexities the breakdown costs but yes, I do appreciate its place in efficient builds. There are some wonderful geo-thermal systems out there but I'm afraid there are couple of systems that would give you nightmare. I've heard about horrendous stories about geo-thermal systems and the hassle involved with constant breakdown and cost of maintenance. In anyway, however, geo-thermal systems can be great, if they are properly designed and installed.

Comment

Thanks Lucas for making me aware of the geo-thermal systems' cons. I never knew about such complexities.

Comment

Working...
        X