Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Would you add solar to your home before selling it to get a higher price? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you add solar to your home before selling it to get a higher price?

This article discusses... "Generally speaking, putting solar on your home is a good investment. But what if you’re planning to sell? Are homebuyers willing to up the ante for a home with solar panels? According to some recent studies, the answer is an overwhelming yes."

Would you add solar to your home before selling it to get a higher price?

Yes of course though I would calculate how much it would cost to install of course then I would weigh up whether I would make more money by installing or selling without it.

Comment

No, I would never do this and take any burden of installing as I know I am going to sell the house and it's the front person's choice to have it according to his needs and requirement.

impact resistant windows
      Last edited by AishaLawson; 07-19-2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

In the year 2011, U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory conducted a research and found out that houses that had solar electric systems installed actually had better resale value and garnered higher prices compared to the ones that didn't.
        Another study conducted by National Bureau of Economic Research revealed that solar panels increased the resale value of a house by 3% to 4%.

Both these findings point to one definite conclusion and therefore I think, installing solar panels definitely increase the resale value of a house.

Comment

Working...
        X