Push Design made news with a beautiful Hemp House in Asheville, North Carolina. It received significant media attention — notwithstanding a multitude of jokes conflating industrial hemp and marijuana. Now, hemp is being used for more projects, as shown in the above video from CBS Minnesota. Due to strict regulations, hemp is imported and mixed with water and lime to create a light, insulating, concrete-like mass for walls.
The original Mod.Fab installed on the grounds of Taliesin West will live again thanks to a new endeavor between Lindal Cedar Homes and both the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture and Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation. Thus, Mod.Fab will be available anywhere there’s a Lindal dealer, except the plan is also available in an additional exterior finish and in two larger sizes, 680 and 790 square feet.
- America’s new energy reality.
- Ya gotta have standards … wall standards.
- The great debate: CFL versus LED light bulbs.
- 85% growth in first quarter for solar panel installations.
- Data-driven home to test which green features work.
- How to create an eco-friendly DIY rain barrel.
- Net metering rules set off a fairness debate.
- Living large in a tiny house.