Here’s a cool renovation project recently featured on NBC’s Today Show in the sub-$250,000 spotlight. Originally built in the 1950s, the home was redesigned by The Ranch Mine, one of the firms behind the NAHB’s Green Remodel of the Year last year, and is located historic North Encanto area in central Phoenix. The exterior has bold, yellow accents mixed with a low-maintenance and low-water desert landscape, and the interior is finished with existing saltillo tile, contemporary white and grey paint, and an open layout.
- World’s tallest prefab tower ready to go.
- Empowerhouse is more than just energy efficient.
- Goodbye fluorescent lights? New plastic light saves energy.
- Which insulation — insulating stud cavities in existing homes.
- Better your business with these three design principles.
- Holding green technology to a higher standard.
- Six celebrities with deep green homes.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.
If you want something more in a chicken coop, we know of a few stylish options. Like Moop, for example, the Modern Coop for Design-Minded Chickens. This is designed by prefab and architecture firm Nottoscale and includes four cantilevered nesting boxes, hinged side-panel walls for easy access, a redwood screen for ventilation, a removable tray for easy cleaning, predator-proof latches, extra-strength chicken wire, and custom watering accessories. Moop is priced with one run ($600) or two runs ($800), and the water accessories sell for $95 each.