Since we first mentioned Stillwater Dwellings in March, the new company has been extremely busy. Not only have they lined up plans to build green prefabs in Portland (Or.), Santa Barbara (Ca.), and Healdsburg (Ca.), but they’ve recently completed their first prefab home in Bend, Oregon. The company was kind enough to send us a few photos of the inside and outside, and the modern home is just stunning.
We've seen all kinds of LEED Platinum homes — manufactured, prefab, traditional, and modern — but this is the first LEED Platinum log home that we've seen. It's likely the first LEED Platinum log home in the country. The home was designed by Eric Hughes of Image Design LLC, and built by Hybrid Homes LLC out of Muskegon, Michigan. Located on 6060 Longbridge Road in Pentwater, Michigan, the green log home features a number of green elements:
- Radical green.
- Study: electric cars don't deserve praise yet.
- The economic case for slashing carbon emissions.
- Enterprise commits $4B to affordable green housing.
- Architects speak their minds on global warming.
- Sustaining the green tide in building a concern.
- Solar units may put school parking lots to use.
- Schools save green by going green.
- Double dipping for LEED Materials credits.
Also, follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for more news, links, and commentary.