Not to be outdone by Blue Sky, itHouse, or Siegal, California-based prefab company Blu Homes has a new home that will be open this weekend in Joshua Tree. This one was finished for Tim Disney, the great-nephew of Walt Disney and a board member and investor in Blu Homes, according to the Los Angeles Times.
In July 2012, Cree announced brighter LED downlights in the CR Series. The CR4-575L fits a 4″ housing and delivers 575 lumens, 90 CRI, 2700 Kelvin, dimming up to 5%, and 50,000 hours while only using 9.5 watts of energy. The CR6-800L fits a 6″ housing and delivers 800 lumens, 90 CRI, 2700 Kelvin, dimming up to 5%, and 50,000 hours while only using 12 watts of energy. Both are Energy Star qualified and they’re available in either the Edison or GU24-type bases. The CR4 sells for about $53, and the CR6 sells for about $55 (both at EarthLED).
- (RW+GW) – (Lwr+M) = 0.
- DOE adopts HERS Index for Challenge Homes.
- Developer: green homes aren’t just for the wealthy.
- Smart, eco-friendly, and beautiful (and 7,000 square feet).
- Editors love to announced the greenest home ever built.
- Energy innovation under Romney and Obama.
- Trading a spacious home for a tiny house.
- Passive solar strategies for the home.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.