This is the first economy hotel in the nation to obtain LEED certification, according to a recent press release by Accor North America. Located in Northlake near Texas Motor Speedway, the Motel 6 combines European style rooms, modern detailing, and eco-friendly elements while still remaining economic and approachable. The green hotel opened in October 2009 and features some of the following green elements:
- Green pools make a splash.
- Building a smaller house is better.
- 6 ways you're probably wasting water.
- Getting the most out of your green lease.
- New efficient energy code will save a fortune.
- Round 2: solar panels versus a maple tree.
- Avoiding LEED liability by over achieving.
- Walking — not just for cities anymore.
This modern residence, monastic and fantastic at the same time, is called E.D.G.E., an Experimental Dwelling for a Greener Environment. It’s small, with 480 square-feet of space, yet the space appears plentiful as it transforms to suit a variety of uses. Plus it’s beautiful inside and out and has some incredible green elements.