As of this writing, this new book about ultra-green prefab homes is #1 on Amazon in the Sustainable & Green Design and Energy Efficient Design categories of books. With Prefabulous + Almost Off the Grid, author Sheri Koones advances the green prefab movement with a discussion of 32 energy-efficient prefabricated homes using more than 200 photographs and sidebar detail of various construction elements.
You’ve seen tile that looks like a wood plank, and here’s a similar kind of variation on a theme: wood in the shape of a brick. Barnwood Bricks is a patented line of hardwood flooring and cladding products made from reclaimed wood in Tennessee. The bricks install kind of like tile with a special glue or grouting system, depending on the installation location.
- The high-end ways to make a home green.
- Style and comfort: it must be an energy-saving house.
- Money alone isn’t enough, but energy users need financial incentives.
- Prefab homes come of age – promise to be efficient, green, easy.
- Desert homes going green while staying modern.
- Micro studios: living well in 275 square feet.
- Tiny homes hit the big city.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.