This is a two-bedroom, two-bathroom LV-model home by Rocio Romero in Los Angeles, California. Originally built in 2008, the modern prefab will be the subject of an open house on November 3, 2012 (register here), and this is actually the first Rocio Romero open house in Los Angeles. Bryce and Bianca’s LV Series home has solar panels, a water catchment system, French oak floors, a walnut kitchen, a Viking range, walnut furniture, and a deck that runs the length of the home creating canyon and skyline views.
- The abstracted dogtrot: one shed fits all.
- Green is the word in new home construction.
- Solar installers tangled up in red tape and paperwork.
- IKEA Chief: leading America’s LED lighting revolution.
- Home made with shipping containers takes shape.
- Prefabulous homes in Almost Off The Grid.
- The FTC issued revised “Green Guides.”
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.
Blu Homes just announced a new prefab home design based on the famous Breezehouse, which was most recently featured by Sunset Magazine as the Idea House 2012. This is the eighth home design by the company, and it’s called Sidebreeze. The design features the same Breezespace with 12′ ceilings in parts, but there’s also a cantilevered second story with a master suite and balcony. This is a design that could be used when more space is needed or to take advantage of stunning views.