Looks like wood-fiber insulation board is coming to the USA, according to a Greenbuild update on Green Building Advisor. Agepan THD is the name of the product and it’s used as exterior sheathing for walls and roofs. Agepan boards connect in tongue and groove fashion and insulate to R-5.74 per panel (2″ x 74.5″ x 23-5/8″). The material has a high permeability (18 U.S. perms) and can be used in a wall assembly to dry to the exterior. It’s offered through Washington-based The Small Planet Workshop Store.
- Super efficient solar steam.
- Environmental fallout of greener buildings.
- Containers: secret plans for perfect apartments for a disaster.
- Wood is the most technologically advanced building material.
- DOE continues to test Philips’ L-Prize LED retrofit bulb.
- Installing a photovoltaic system.
- Examples of urban infill.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.