Here’s a neat piece of pre-production technology called MeterPlug. MeterPlug measures electricity consumption by plugging in between any appliance and the AC outlet. The smart plug uses Bluetooth 4.0 to send data to your smartphone and enable features like proximity control, manual on/off, and vampire power shield. In other words, with a range of about 100 feet and a smartphone, it’s easy to shut down appliances or calculate the costs of standby power. Each plug is a little expensive right now, but if you want to try MeterPlug, you can pledge support at Indiegogo.
About archives: This article was contributed by the founder of Jetson Green. With the arrival of new ownership in December 2012, Preston left Jetson Green to pursue other business opportunities. If you have questions or need assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tiny Tack House Transforms Tacks into Tiny Home Movement Advocates
- Residents of The Q Experience Luxurious James Bond Lifestyle with Solar Power
- Shoal Bay House Offers a Minimalist Retreat Along Hawkes Bay
- Seadrift Residence is a Zero-Energy Home With Natural, Stylish Features
- Shipping Containers used in Multi Family Home Build