This is a prototype prefab — Paradigm — recently on display at Greenbuild 2012 in San Francisco, California. The modular home was designed by Bogue Trondowski Architects and built by Seattle-based Method Homes. The stunning little home of just under 700 square feet is eligible for 5 of 6 petals of Living Building Challenge and will also be certified LEED Platinum, according to Method Homes.
- The natural gas myth.
- Making strides to boost the use of solar energy.
- How to use less energy in the kitchen on Thanksgiving.
- If we run our economy on oil, energy independence is improbable.
- Greenbuild 2012: LEED for Homes Awards recipients revealed.
- These gorgeous prefab houses fit in a shipping container.
- Your house is killing you. Here’s how to stop it.
- Recycled shipping container condos.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.
For the eleventh year, BuildingGreen has announced their list of Top-10 Green Building Products. BuildingGreen picks the products from additions to the GreenSpec Directory, coverage in Environmental Building News, and blogs on BuildingGreen. Make sure to keep this selection of residential-related winners on your radar: