South Carolina-based Firefly Power is one of 20 other social- or environmentally-inclined companies presenting at the i2i Awards program in conjunction with SXSW Eco in Austin through Friday, October 5, 2012. The company makes lightweight small wind turbines out of carbon-fiber blades in the vertical axis form. The residential unit is rated at 1.8 kW, weighs less than 60 pounds, cuts in at 10 mph winds, and is expected to sell for about $7,000, according to Firefly Power.alternative energy, Firefly Power, small wind, VAWT
About archives: This article was contributed by the founder of Jetson Green. With the arrival of new ownership in December 2012, Preston left Jetson Green to pursue other business opportunities. If you have questions or need assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tiny Tack House Transforms Tacks into Tiny Home Movement Advocates
- Residents of The Q Experience Luxurious James Bond Lifestyle with Solar Power
- Shoal Bay House Offers a Minimalist Retreat Along Hawkes Bay
- Seadrift Residence is a Zero-Energy Home With Natural, Stylish Features
- Shipping Containers used in Multi Family Home Build