It’s been a few years since I last mentioned IdeaPaint. The company now has black and clear versions of the popular product to go with the white. Now the dry-erase surface can be any number of colors with CREATE – Clear. IdeaPaint sells a kit that’ll cover 50 square feet for the price of $225, which includes the paint, a roller, and several other odds and ends. The product works best on sealed, non-porous surfaces and is a low-VOC product that meets GREENGUARD Children & School requirements.
I’ve seen innovation in the smart LED space from the likes of Google and Insteon, but San Francisco-based LIFX Labs aims to reinvent the light bulb with a new, successfully-funded Kickstarter project called LIFX. The LED bulb is WiFi-enabled, energy-efficient, multi-colored, and controllable from an iPhone or Android. It will be available as Edison-type, bayonet cap, or downlight with everything necessary to work at home or in a business with a pledge from $69 on Kickstarter.
- 8 Homes with Living Roofs.
- Wind: a source of energy to power the world.
- Why your toxic sofa is full of flame retardants.
- Top-of-the-line windows are a waste of money.
- Net-zero home could reduce utility bills to nothing.
- Prefab design: an interview with Rocio Romero.
- Edison-type LEDs, the light bulb of the future.
- Caution: beware of energy-saving scams.
- Sustainable, million-dollar homes.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.