If you’re a designer, builder, or future owner of a high performance home, you’ll probably be interested in knowing that fiberglass window products previously sold under the SeriousWindows brand will now be sold under the Alpen brand. Boulder-based Alpen High Performance Products announced the purchase of assets including the fiberglass window and architectural glass operation from California-based Serious Energy, Inc.
It’s been another month, and here’s another outline of coverage from September. From newly published posts this month, I noticed that our articles about net-zero energy Grow Community and the not-so-big timber-frame home were the most popular. For a visual look at what’s being shared, also make sure to check out Jetson Green on Pinterest.
Read more »
- Li-Fi enables a light-bulb to transmit data.
- Startup SoloPower isn’t afraid of the ghost of Solyndra.
- This big house consumes less than net energy than a little urban studio.
- Romney voters more likely to make energy-efficient home improvements.
- How Corning created the ultra-thin, ultra-strong material of the future.
- Knowledge is power when homeowners monitor energy use.
- Vine.com – Amazon’s shopping site for environmentalists.
- The strawbale dilemma: how smooth is smooth?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.