Green homes comprised 17%, or $17 billion, of the overall residential construction market in 2011, according to new findings in the Green Home Builders and Remodelers Study by McGraw-Hill Construction. Mc-Graw Hill predicts green homes will gain market share over the next few years to between 29-38% of the market by 2016 — a market that could equate to $87-114 billion by these forecasts.
- US overbuilt in big houses.
- Modernism betrays true sustainability.
- Small green homes fit in unexpected places.
- The humble light bulb has never been so confusing.
- Energy-efficient light bulbs save consumers money.
- A LEED green home built in one day.
- Green design rental boost.
Louisiana-based Aquaponic Modular Production Systems, an urban agriculture development company, just announced the debut of a project — the first aeroponic farm in New Orleans. The Tower Garden is hosted by Hollygrove Farm and Market to showcase an innovative, fast, and eco-friendly way to grow fresh produce for the community.