Since its launch, Boulder-based Studio Shed has shown impressive growth. The company recently announced the launch of Studio Shed Lifestyle, Small Kits, and Garage+ — which means Studio Shed offers anything from a compact storage structure to a fully-finished 600+ square-foot studio. And with a solar-powered factory, the company is in a great position to help homeowners create eco-friendly space when and to the extent needed.
This is the Blanco River House by Austin-based Ma Modular. The home, located in Wimberley, Texas, has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, 1,400 square feet, and tons of outdoor deck space. Ma Modular delivered the prefab home with 2×6 exterior wall construction, Gerkin windows with thermally broken frames, a Galvalume double-lock standing-seam metal roof, and an Energy Star heating and cooling system, etc. All together, this home was built for $140 per square foot.
- Very green but not chasing LEED.
- Now might be a good time to downsize.
- Builders concerned about cost of going green.
- Building green homes that don’t cost a lot of money.
- Multifamily building lead US construction gains.
- Missouri expects the first Active House in U.S.
- In a green home, living off the grid.