North Carolina-based Meld USA, maker of several materials we’ve mentioned including ecoX, Micro, and Plus Plus, introduced a new material in the last year called Luxe. Luxe is made in Raleigh with up to 74% pre-consumer recycled-content material and can be used with various products, including countertops, tiles, and wall paneling. Meld offers six standard colors – Natural, Cement, Graphite, Saddleback, Caper and Southern Mud — and basically infinite custom colors.
- Step by step: curbing your energy costs.
- Florida concept home designed for next-gen buyers.
- Are FSC/LEED killing jobs? Looking at the evidence.
- Bringing asphalt shingles into green building markets.
- Greening spring cleanup with eco-friendly products.
- Home energy tech may yield no energy savings.
LivingHomes recently introduced a new, lower cost prefab called the C6 and built two models to showcase to the world. Last week, we mentioned the Palm Springs C6 and this one is located in Long Beach, California (catch a tour Feb. 25, 2012 if you’re in the area). The home was designed by LivingHomes in collaboration with Make It Right, an endeavor by Brad Pitt and Bill McDonough, and was built to a LEED Platinum level environmental program with Cradle-to-Cradle inspired materials.