At CES 2012, Wireless Glue Networks launched its second-generation in-home display called SmartLook. SmartLook provides direct wireless access to smart meters with real-time information and is “The World’s First Refrigerator Magnet In-home Display,” according to Wireless Glue Networks. SmartLook relays pricing information so homeowners can learn what saves energy and money at the same time. It also stores historical usage and pricing information. NRG Energy has a booth at CES showcasing the display; keep an eye out for something like this through your local electricity provider.
Allure Energy recently announced its new EverSense product line and officially unveiled the home environment and energy management system today at CES 2012. EverSense is foremost a thermostat replacement with built-in speakers, Wi-FI, and a capacitive touch screen. It’s also a platform to share energy-saving tips and content with homeowners.
- Prefab cachet is catching.
- Are incandescents being phased out?
- Scientists find CO2 scrubbing material.
- Solar hot water collector makes electricity too.
- Companies profit through green chemistry.
- PHIUS creates rule to ban spray foam.
- Top 10 green business in 2011.