- Active House in Russia.
- Reshaping the housing market.
- Four green features homeowners want.
- Make a compost pile from pallets.
- New community has nearly zero utilities.
- Lighting sheets made with tiny LEDs.
- Going gaga over LEDs.
True to the company name, California-based Kirei USA recently announced a beautiful, new material for 2012 called Windfall. Windfall is an engineered wood panel made with a low-VOC adhesive and lumber from deconstructed buildings in the Pacific Northwest. It’s suitable for wall paneling, casework, signage, and other similar applications.
After five years of internal and third-party testing, Boral USA today announced the introduction of TruExterior Trim, an exterior trim material made with a blend of bio-based polymers and coal combustion product materials. The poly-ash product contains a minimum of 70% recycled content and a Cradle to Cradle Certified Silver designation.