Gail Siegel is a full-time jeweler specializing in precious metals. She uses fire in her work and needed some extra space to do. After weighing the various options — renting a space, buying a larger home, building a backyard shed — she decided to install a Studio Shed with solar power from Denver-based SolSource.
- Are McMansions coming back?
- Bethesda gets area’s first Passive House.
- Home wind turbine sales are growing strong.
- Changing our behavior regarding electricity usage.
- On site energy, suburbans can trump TOD.
- Cultural shift if boomers stay in suburbia.
- The green revolution is neither.
This is the Modern Living Showhouse on display at Dwell on Design 2011. The green prefab was designed by Jonathan Davis of pieceHomes, built by OneBuild Inc., and styled by Zem Joaquin and ecofabulous. With 520 square feet, the dwelling is spacious enough to include a kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. See the interior photos below with a description of green materials and technologies included in the showcase.