The Graham Residence, a desert prefab that we previewed last February, is now complete. The Blue Sky Homes project is located in Yucca Valley and was designed by o2 Architecture. Solterra Development was the general contractor and completed the kit home with a galvanized, light-gauge steel frame and several energy-efficient elements.
An Energy Star qualified ceiling fan and light is about 50% more efficient than a conventional ceiling fan and light, according to EnergyStar.gov, and can save a user more than $15 per year on utility bills. One company, The Modern Fan Company, makes several Energy Star qualified models and just released five new designs this year. If you’re in the market, Lumens.com currently has 20% off fan models and free shipping on orders over $50, including these five new designs:
- A new look at prefabrication.
- 4 pollutants that will make a home unsafe.
- Blissfully unaware of coming climate crisis.
- The merits of modern, urban condo living.
- Is LEED the gold standard in going green?
- New urbanism: trend or unfilled vision.
- Falling behind in green.