Cargotecture c192 Nomad, shown in these renderings, has been selected as the 2011 Sunset Idea House, according to information posted online by architectural firm HyBrid Architecture. The 192 square-foot structure will be on display at Celebration Weekend in Menlo Park, California this June.
The Johnsons, a four-person family in Mill Valley, California, have been called “extreme,” “austere,” and “OCD,” by some onlookers. But I appreciate what they’re trying to do. The family has been on a trash diet to completely eliminate garbage and waste. In fact, they only produced two handfuls of trash in a year, according to Sunset Magazine!
- Off-grid desert retreat in Texas.
- Colbert learns of a better light bulb.
- More construction to use triple glazing.
- Roof material affects water quality of rain.
- Small house movement fueled by economy.
- Living well with less space in a tiny house.
- Don’t try these designs at home.
- The secret of IKEA’s success.
If you like what we do, vote for us in the green blog category of JDR’s Industry Blogger Awards or subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.