Illinois-based Sloan Valve Company won all sorts of awards for AQUS Water Reuse System (model HMA6000). That award-winning system has been updated, and the new HMA7000 model is now available. The upgraded small-scale water reuse system has a redesigned look and feel, installs in less than one hour, and is compatible with most dual-flush and one-piece toilets on the market.
Art Stable is an award-winning project in the Cascade neighborhood of South Lake Union in Seattle. Designed by Tom Kundig of Olson Kundig Architects and developed by Point32, Art Stable includes ground-floor commercial and six live-work lofts (of which only two remain on the market). The project was built on an urban infill site — formerly a horse stable — and cleverly incorporates some of its work-ranch history in the design.
- Pocket neighborhoods tackle sprawl.
- Net-zero energy house is a power producer.
- Homeowners tread carefully with the remodeling rebound.
- Most Americans don’t know where their water comes from.
- What motivates consumers to install residential solar?
- New starter homes now come with solar arrays.
- The Ecology of Commerce 2.0.
If you haven’t already, I’d like to invite you to vote for Jetson Green in the “green” blog category of JDR 2011 Industry Blogger Awards. Also, subscribe to our weekly newsletter for updates, article summaries, newsworthy links, and other site news.