Today Lighting Science Group announced that it has become the first U.S. company to domestically manufacture one million LED bulbs in less than a year. With the announcement, LSG also unveiled a new omnidirectional A19 LED bulb as the one-millionth bulb. The 60-watt replacement is 75% more efficient than an incandescent bulb and dimmable, mercury-free, and relatively affordable.
- Green is good business.
- Time for plan B for greentech VC.
- KB Home tops green homebuilder rankings.
- Environmental benefits of greener cement.
- Efficient lighting may save U.S. $9 B annually.
- Adaptation is hot new sector in greentech.
- Global action will not stop climate change.
- Economics of EV ownership.
If you're looking around for holiday gifts, there's still time to ship some things, if that's what you're thinking. Below is an index of green gifts in our eight-part Ultimate Modern Gift Guide for the Holidays 2010,* a curated list of goods for design-savvy folks interested in the environment. There's something for all income brackets: