There’s a plot of land on 18th Street and Broadway Boulevard in Kansas City. In time, the owner intends to use it for something commercial or residential, but, in the mean time, 360 Architecture helped transform the land with an interim solution. 18Broadway is now a demonstration of storm water management, urban agriculture, and energy independence on one city block.
Shown is a new installation of three Origin series prefabs by Blu Homes. Each with a mixture of standard and custom elements, these modules were installed behind a company co-founder’s existing home in Wayland, Massachusetts. The prefab cluster is used as a photo studio, art studio, and media room and was built with radiant floor heating, cedar sunshades, a roof deck, galvalume siding, heat recovery ventilation, and bamboo flooring.
- Don't call it retrofitting.
- Homes built from reused scraps.
- Getting aggressive about Passive House.
- Vineyard installs a vertical wind turbine grove.
- FTC proposes tighter rules for green claims.
- Intel sees "green" in home energy market.
- Report: water trumps climate change.
- Welcome to smallville.