Colorado-based Ice Energy today announced an infusion of Series C financing in the form of $24 million, according to a press release. The company will use this money to support the deployment of utility-scale distributed energy storage products and a 53-megawatt project in California. Ice Energy also wants to explore new products and expand to a wider set of customers.
- Business for greater good.
- Advice for an urban composter.
- Consumers sensitive to green product pricing.
- New prefabs employ green building practices.
- Gifford files $100 million lawsuit against USGBC.
- Some find value in small wind turbines.
- Small house Utopia.
Last April we mentioned a noteworthy project called the Passive House in the Woods. It’s a Wisconsin home with carbon-neutral ambitions designed by Tim Delhey Eian of TE Studio. It’s also the first Passive House in the state. PHitW meets the requirements of the Passive House standard, i.e. ultra-tight envelope, high efficiency heating and cooling, and minimal energy demand.