- Green building goes on a budget.
- Q&A: Michelle Kaufmann on prefab.
- Tax credit pushes homeowners to boost efficiency.
- Law group releases model green building ordinance.
- Legal battles over sustainability just beginning.
- Massachusetts Passive House sets high bar.
- LEED is the worst: Part 1, Part 2.
- No love for green wood.
If you’re thinking about raising chickens, there are a few ways to go about it. You could build a retro Modern Coop or Quonset Coop. Or, you could build a boxy coop with a green roof, like this one pictured here and featured in Dwell. It’s framed with two-by-fours, insulated, sheathed with oriented strand board, covered in reclaimed cedar, ventilated with two upper windows, and topped with native landscaping, according to Miyoko Ohtake.