This 72-unit building, The Modules, is under construction near Temple University in Philadelphia. Designed by Interface Studio Architects, the apartment project includes 60,000 square feet of living space with a green roof, parking for 38 cars, and storage for 50 bikes. What’s impressive is not just that this will be a prefab, green, contemporary, apartment building, but that it may be the largest modularly-constructed LEED for Homes project in the nation.
- Cities blazing a green trail.
- Top 10 trends in sustainable business.
- Green designs that don't cost the Earth.
- Is CSR enough to create a sustainable world?
- Earth-friendly claims spur lawsuits and FTC actions.
- Professor sees red over green building claims.
- Popular green products for the home.
- How to be an urban beekeeper.