Urban Green Energy just announced the launch of “eddy,” a new small wind vertical axis wind turbine for home or office applications. The sleek wind turbine, according to the company, is “whisper quiet,” starts turning in 8 mile per hour winds, and has a maximum safe wind speed of more than 120 miles per hour.
Artist and DJ Andrea Shapiro went to her architect for help creating a work space in Amagansett, New York. With a limited budget of $60,000, Shapiro needed roughly 700 square feet and an "inviting and reflective" studio, according information posted by the architecture firm on Architizer. Maziar Behrooz Architecture suggested using old steel containers for the structure to save costs. The result is shown below with additional images and video.
- Old is the new green.
- Opinion: don't LEED us astray.
- Clinton: green energy can grow economy.
- $2 billion skyscraper receives LEED Platinum.
- Generating energy from sewage wastewater.
- Going on a low carbon home diet.
- Get your green message out.
- How to sell smaller homes.
- Leaner and greener.