Of the temporary and permanent housing solutions envisioned for Haiti, there's everything but a shortage. On this site alone, we've supported Shelter Box and mentioned efforts by House Arc and Andrés Duany. Another effort that recently caught our attention is this Shipping Container Housing project to rapidly fabricate temporary relief housing out of 20 foot used containers.
At the beginning of every year, there's a tradition for the industry to talk about trends. We've done it in the past, but this year we reviewed trends published by Jerry Yudelson and the Earth Advantage Institute. Now, EcoHome Magazine has published it's own list of seven green trends that will impact homeowners and green building professionals. Here they are:
- Smaller, smarter home designs.
- EPS: miles per gallon for houses.
- Green building poised for explosive growth.
- 11 tips for mastering building envelope design.
- 7 trends shaping the future of green building.
- Boulder encounters difficulties while going green.
- Eco-friendly buildings provide employee benefits.
- Preventing other problems during energy retrofits.
- Green work spaces attract young business.