In Surrey (near Vancouver), Canada, a new prefab company is taking shape. Preform Construction has a 20,000 square-foot factory for building Predesigned Living Units that have been designed by Tony Robins of AA Robins Architect. The home featured in this article is made with one unit and includes some of the following green elements:
- A green roof;
- Recycled and reclaimed wood products;
- FSC certified, formaldehyde free products;
- An on-demand hot water heater;
- Warmboard in-floor radiant heating;
- Energy efficient lighting fixtures;
- Grey water reuse system;
- A low E double glazing system; and
- A smart system to control heat and lighting.
Most of the homes built by Preform Construction, at least for the time being, are larger and involve several Predesigned Living Units. That said, just one of these units might work perfectly if you're looking to downsize. Why not?
Photo credits: Preform Construction.
Article tags: residential