Another month is now gone, and it flew by fast. We tried to balance out our coverage with a better approach to products and technology. Vantage was kind enough to show us their energy management system, and Oxygenics let us test out their new luxury showerhead. (I'm still testing it out, by the way). If you have a green product that you'd like us try, let's get in contact. Also, we're moving along with the job site, and from the stats, it seems like a lot of you are taking advantage of the new green job board. Check the Twitter and Facebook, and let's share, like, and retweet. Here's last month:
If you're in the market for green, modern, designer-built furniture, make sure to check out Studio Nola. You can see a few examples below. These pieces are built with FSC certified woods, 90% recycled steel, zero-VOC powder coated paints, low-VOC sealers, and locally sourced materials. Plus, if you need one or a few shipped, Studio Nola will send them out on a carrier using the EPA's SmartWay transport system.
- Architecture that imitates life.
- Communes of the green generation.
- Approach green renovations wisely.
- Living roofs are the new green cash crop.
- Cities weigh green features v. expense in new buildings.
- 10 strategies to increase home energy efficiency.
- Air conditioning with ice.
Follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for more news, links, and commentary.
We're in beta with a green job board, and everything's been going pretty good so far. Plus, with all the talk about green collar jobs, we thought we could at least help out a little bit. So if you're looking or thinking about looking for a job, make sure to check out these green positions. And if you have a green position, we provide free listings.
- Sustainable Building Specialist, Habitat for Humanity, Louisville, KY.
- Environmental Consultant, Green Restaurant Assoc., Boston, MA.
- Green Building Consultant, Paladino, Seattle, WA.
- Green Building Consultant, AECOM, Orange, CA.
- Home Performance Trainer, Build It Green, Berkeley, CA.
- Retail Energy and Sustainability Manager, REI, Kent, WA.
Also, follow @greenerjobs on Twitter for more green job listings.
In Surrey (near Vancouver), Canada, a new prefab company is taking shape. Preform Construction has a 20,000 square-foot factory for building Predesigned Living Units that have been designed by Tony Robins of AA Robins Architect. The home featured in this article is made with one unit and includes some of the following green elements: