There's a 250 square-foot storage shed renovation making the rounds on the internet right now. Designed by Jeremy Levine Design (also behind the North Eagle Rock renovation), this new guest house features a prominent tilted, redwood clad wall that divides the bedroom and the bathroom. With abundant natural light and bold elements, the Silver Lake, California renovation also features some of the following green elements:
- Redwood from recycled cuts;
- Natural light through skylight and windows;
- Drought-tolerant, native landscaping;
- Landscape design using gravel, rock, and recycled slate; and
- 50% recycled fly ash sink and countertops.
Also, you'll notice that some of the redwood cladding was swapped out with polycarbonate strips, which provides an interesting visual detail and source of lighting. All in all, it's a beautiful and creative transformation of the old space.
[+] Silver Lake Guest House by Jeremy Levine Design.
Photo credits: Jeremy Levine Design.
Article tags: residential