Columbia City Green is a Case Design + Project Management development of two homes in the Columbia City neighborhood of Seattle. The grand opening for this first home was last weekend, and Case Architects was kind enough to provide these interior and exterior photos. It's Built Green certified and includes three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, and a bonus room — all for the price of $699,000 (if still available). In addition to the vibrant green CertainTeed Fiber Cement siding, the home features a number of other green products and elements:
- Green roof balcony;
- Native and edible landscaping;
- Rainwater collection and 800-gallon underground cistern;
- Low-toxic paints and finishes;
- Bamboo flooring and Plyboo stair treads;
- PaperStone countertops and ash cabinets;
- Dual flush toilets;
- A solar pre-heating water system;
- Radiant floor heating;
- Heat recovery ventilator; and
- Faswall insulated concrete form foundation.
Additionally, this Columbia City Green home is expected to save approximately 30 percent on energy and water. The modern construction allows abundant interior natural light through floor-to-ceiling windows, which also provide a 180-degree mountain view. Check out the modern green interior design …
[+] Watch the Siding Go Up on YouTube.
Article tags: residential