This is the Green Cubed house, which was designed by Nelse Design + Build. Located on an infill lot in the Phinney Ridge neighborhood of Seattle, the 5-star home was recently the superstar of a Green Built home tour. And for those in the area, this modern, single-family home is listed for sale for $900,00, which includes four bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms in a 2,667 square-foot package. Some of its many green features include the following:
- Vegetated roof system;
- Cistern for rainwater collection;
- Irrigation free landscaping and no impervious ground surfaces;
- High efficiency boiler paired with radiant floor system;
- Energy Star kitchen and laundry appliances;
- Carpetless design for indoor air quality;
- Durable siding and recycled content roof product;
- Reused salvaged cabinetry and renewable bamboo flooring; and
- Prewired roof for future solar power.
In addition, 90% of construction waste was diverted from the waste stream, and the home was designed to be 30% more efficient than international energy code. In testing, Green Cubed received a HERS rating of 56. To learn more about the house, check this Green Built case study.
Photo credits: Paul Clark.
Article tags: residential