A couple months ago, we mentioned Blue Sky Homes, as well as the prototype project of the Blue Sky Homes’ Building System. As the story goes with prefab, a short eight (8) weeks after installing the footings, the prototype is now complete. Dave McAdam, owner of the Yucca Valley prototype, sent me these images of the completed home — it’s a stunning example of clean, efficient, contemporary, desert architecture.
Chances are, if you've ever researched modern homes online, you've seen the name Gregory La Vardera. In addition to maintaining a house plan blog (and contributing to a number of other sites and forums), he's on Houseplans.com, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, and probably a thousand other services. Frankly, he's all over the place, and he's trying to incite the kind of housing rebellion we're interested in seeing. In a blog article dated May 14, 2009, La Vardera describes the ReModern Movement — a time when people build their own modern or green house — and provides a list of reasons for why now is the time:
- Top 10 green living myths.
- 12 tips for avoiding green product litigation.
- 10 practical strategies for marketing green homes.
- How to find cash back for building green.
- Who will be left behind by the green job boom?
- Airtight homes invite air quality issues.
- Biodiesel and building green.
- The emancipated earth.