Cosentino, the world’s largest maker of quartz, has just launched an eco-friendly countertop called ECO by Cosentino. The new countertop is the embodiment of six million dollars of research over a three year period. It’s available nationally through Lowe’s at a price of $68-$118, depending on thickness and color. ECO contains 75% post-consumer and post-industrial recycled raw materials and 25% natural elements.
I just love this grain silo home — it's a fantastic example of adaptive reuse. In 2007, Gruene Homestead Inn purchased the 1940s grain silo and remodeled the interior and exterior. The result is authentic and incredible. Can you imagine chilling on that front porch, enjoying a little Texas summer? The Silo includes one bedroom and one bathroom in a loft-type setup for the rental price of $175/$210 a night.
- Have a green hotel stay.
- Building for a green future.
- Earth Day is for everybody, everyday.
- Developers often see green as a requirement.
- Get up to speed on the GSA's green stimulus.
- Going green with recycled countertops.
- Don't give up on sustainability now!
Follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for more news, links, and commentary.