Autodesk recently completed tenant improvements at their new headquarters building on the East Coast. The company retained the services of KlingStubbins and Tocci Building Companies to design and build the interior to a LEED Platinum level of certification using LEED-CI. The result is modern office structure with abundant natural light and, of course, plenty of style. My favorite design element is the custom, prefabricated millwork explained in the YouTube video below.
When we first mentioned Logical Homes in August 2007, I guess we didn’t realize how long it would be until the company actually launched. But I think the wait has been worth it. Logical Homes is officially out of pre-launch and just published details of their first three home designs. The company is run by a whole list of folks, but the most notable is probably their Creative Director and COO, Peter DeMaria. He’s a high profile expert in container architecture — don’t miss this video of him talking about container homes. Let’s check out what Logical Homes just introduced:
- The cost of building green.
- Now is the time to reinvent cities.
- LEED 2009 reference guides released.
- Gallup: Economy takes precedence over environment.
- Senators seek interim ban on Chinese drywall.
- Energy labels are key to saving energy.
- Remixing concrete with the environment in mind.
- Green buildings create challenges for appraisers.
Follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for more news, links, and commentary.