This new, luxury inn and spa just opened last week in Yountville, California, a small town in Napa County named after one of the first guys to establish a vineyard in the area. The 62-unit boutique getaway includes a spa with four treatment rooms, rooptop infinity pool, fine dining restaurant, and meeting spaces. Designed by WATG, the inn also features unique indoor/outdoor features such as private courtyards for guests and private outdoor showers.
Bardessono Inn and Spa is pursuing LEED Platinum certification and incorporated on-site solar and geothermal energy, an energy management system, sustainable building materials, and organic landscape management practices. Specific property features include:
- 82 300-foot-deep geothermal wells
- 940 rooftop solar panels
- Rammed earth sculptural walls
- Permeable paving stones and sand
- Automatically-controlled exterior Venetian blinds
- Dual-plane glass
- Motion-controlled LEDs and CFLs
- Dual-flush toilets and low-flow fixtures
- Drought-resistant landscaping
- Re-use and treatment of gray and black water for irrigation
The project was developed by Phil Shelbourne, and rooms are said to run $600 and up for one night.
Photo credits: WATG.