Once again, it's been another record-breaking month here at Jetson Green and we're excited to welcome all the new readers. Thanks for subscribing! We have a new president and lots of clamoring for the big government money. We've taken the liberty of not reporting much on the economy, though, because we're focusing on green homes, projects, and products like nobody's business. If you have something that we should be talking about, make sure to email or contact us. Also, as you already know, we're trying out some new ad spots and want to thank our new advertisers, 1st Replacement Windows and Charles & Hudson. Here's some of what we've focused on in January:
- Interest in green building continues to climb.
- States and utilities are starting to cut incentives.
- Majority say global warming is not a top priority.
- Future green construction may follow European models.
- Studies show green building is key to economic future.
- Weatherizing Homes: the next big green industry?
- New weapon in climate war is brilliant white roofs.
- Builders learning to meet demand for green.
- Building affordable & green can make builders rich.
Follow @jetsongreen on Twitter for daily green news, links, and commentary.
I thought it'd be fun to share some actual photos of the BUILDER LivingHome, since up until now, we've only been showing renderings. The home was designed by KieranTimberlake, built by LivingHomes, and assembled in about three days on the IBS exhibit floor. Can you imagine putting together an entire house in that time? I picture Steve Glenn running around with a megaphone, Ty Pennington style, shouting, "We only have four hours, people!" The modular modern home was designed to meet LEED Platinum certification and includes 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms comprising roughly 2,466 square feet.