There’s something about modern townhouses that I’m just drawn to. Like these here in a community called IndigoMODERN. IndigoMODERN is being developed in two phases with a total of 22 residential units. Phase one had eleven units and nine are gone already. The remaining two are being sold in the $299 – $350k range. Better hurry (if you can get a loan)! Designed by Rob Paulus Architect, these 1800 square-foot homes are uniquely green. Make sure to check the photos below:
IndigoMODERN homes come with a TEP Guarantee, which basically involves inspection of insulation, construction, and mechanical systems to provide up to ~35% savings on annual electrical bills. IndigoMODERN guarantees that heating and cooling costs won’t exceed $42.08 per month, based on a 12-month average. In addition, residences have some of the following green features:
- Rainwater harvesting
- Passive solar shading, trellis on balcony with sliding steel doors
- Prewired for solar PV and planned for solar hot water
- Use of Xenon, CFL, and Solatube lighting
- Use of tough, standing-seam, recycled and reusable steel siding
- Use of Hardiplank fiber-cement exterior paneling
- Blown-in cellulose insulation made mostly from shredded newspapers
- Concrete with fly ash
Homeowners can upgrade with bamboo flooring, installation of the solar PV and hot water systems, and the Aquia dual-flush toilets.
Photo credits: IndigoMODERN.
Article tags: Development, residential