HGTV has this list of the 20 Ways Your Home Can Save the Planet. Depending on where you’re at in the process of greening your home, you may find this list helpful. I like some of the suggestions but also realize there’s a deeper level of analysis that goes into actually saving the planet with your home. I bet the special presentation show on television was pretty interesting, though. Without further ado:
- Plug into the trendiest appliances.
- Keep your cabinets and countertops green.
- Look for eco-friendly dishes and cookware.
- Think energy-saving when you think windows.
- Recycle with style.
- Consider planet-friendly floors.
- Make a new bed, organically.
- Paint it safe.
- Switch your bulbs.
- Make your family room family and earth-friendly.
- Furnish naturally.
- Keep your garage gear green.
- Go with the low flow.
- Renew your bathroom with reclaimed style.
- Go natural.
- Stock up on earth-friendly office supplies.
- Be green when you clean.
- Choose good wood.
- Plant for the planet.
- Keep nature natural.
If you liked the foregoing, you may also like the following:
++Ten Critical Steps in a Green Remodel.
Article tags: residential