I used to drive by Buzz Lofts all the time and check out the construction progress. It's a modern, green, and affordable condo-loft community immediately south of downtown Dallas. The development is in what you may call an up and coming neighborhood, but the location is great: near the DART rail and all those downtown jobs. Buzz has been popular, too, with most units nearly sold out.
Eight houses were chosen for Architectural Record’s special, web-exclusive list of Unbuilt Houses. They’re all green. If you take a look, you might notice something familiar. You’ve probably seen many of them before. Five of the eight homes have been featured on Jetson Green previously (links below). I guess that means we’re doing something right (and fast), too. My favorite would have to be Adjaye Associates’ design for the Make It Right Project in New Orleans.
- Make It Right, Adjaye Associates
- Pasadena EcoHouse, Studio RMA
- Smart Home: Green + Wired, Michelle Kaufmann Designs
- Sycamore House, Kovac Architects
- ZeroHouse, Specht Harpman
- San Vicente Residence, Pugh + Scarpa
- Swell House, Studio ST Architects and Z-A
- Cradle to Cradle (C2C) Home, Coates Design Associates