I’m happy to announce that Jetson Green has signed on as an official media sponsor for the Ecocity World Summit, which takes place April 22-26, 2008 in San Francisco, California. I couldn’t be happier to be supporting such a stellar event.
You should know, however, that this is no ordinary conference. Ecocity World Summit recognizes it’s time to take a closer look at the largest of humanity’s creations — cities — directly and fearlessly. Over 85% of humanity currently live in cities, towns, and villages –- the built community of our species. The Ecocity World Summit challenges and inspires each individual, no matter where we call home, to build something different: the city for ourselves, the city for people and all life on the planet. For a sneak peak, take a look at some of the projects that will be explored.
Speakers at the event include some of the following:
- Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco
- Jamie Lerner, Architect and Master planner, former Mayor of Curitiba Brazil
- Parris Glendening, former Governor of Maryland and President of Smart Growth America Leadership Institute
- Fiona Ma, CA State Assembly woman and Chair of the Congressional High Speed Rail Caucus
- Jared Blumenfield, Director of the San Francisco Dept. of the Environment
- Ken Yeang, Urban Designer and Director of Llewelyn Davies Yeang
- Peter Head, Director of Arup
- Paolo Soleri, Architect and design visionary
- Richard Register, founder of Ecocity Builders
The event gathers together world-renown architects, planners, environmentalists, climatologists, energy experts, leading mayors and governors, innovators, students, developers (the good ones), indigenous people, artists, and a variety of other innovators. And you.
To learn more about Ecocity World Summit and to register for the event, visit their website at www.ecocityworldsummit.org or call Ecocity Builders at 510-419-0850.
Article tags: Development, Weblogs