Pardon the interruption, but as is the tradition in the blogosphere, I’m going to kick out some blogging New Year’s resolutions. Last year I had several resolutions and thanks to the readers, we shattered all visitor goals. I didn’t do so well on the commenting and didn’t get any articles in print, but I’m still focusing on the print article goal.
Also, as an FYI to newer readers, Jetson Green isn’t about money or advertising, etc., it’s about participating in one of the coolest movements of my life. During the tech boom of the late 90s, I was in Japan, completely unconnected to tech life. Now, I’ve got all sorts of education and there’s nothing to stop me from influencing the country we live in. As a career youngster, this is one of the ways I’m doing that. The goals below push me to continue providing the most unique, up-to-date, and relevant news possible. So, without further ado, here are my goals for Jetson Green in 2008:
- Reach 1 million unique visitors (currently at 325k),
- Double RSS subscribers from 1400 to 3000 subscribers,
- Get 1 article published in a print magazine,
- Add five solid writers to the JG team of content providers,
- Provide more unique, independent reporting of stories,
- Make the site more navigable and make content accessible as in blogs like problogger or zenhabits.