Recently, I wrote an article about the energy efficiency of the PowerPod, and now, CNET’s Martin LaMonica has a video of the first PowerPod demo resting in a defunct coal power plant in Lawrence, Massachusetts. Clicking the picture above will take you directly to the video. I really like the PowerPod. It’s modular, green, and very simple in design. The PowerPod could be used as a home for a bachelor or intimate duo, but it’s more likely going to be used as an office, vacation abode, lake cabin, or something like that. And as far as cost is concerned, with your basic residential green finish out, you’re talking about $100k for 500 sf. You can also view more info and photos at CNET.Article tags: recreational, residential, video
About archives: This article was contributed by the founder of Jetson Green. With the arrival of new ownership in December 2012, Preston left Jetson Green to pursue other business opportunities. If you have questions or need assistance, contact email@example.com.
- Culinary Center Combines Community Focus with Sustainability to be Certified EA Gold
- Tiny Tack House Transforms Tacks into Tiny Home Movement Advocates
- Residents of The Q Experience Luxurious James Bond Lifestyle with Solar Power
- Shoal Bay House Offers a Minimalist Retreat Along Hawkes Bay
- Seadrift Residence is a Zero-Energy Home With Natural, Stylish Features