I’m pleased to share some information and renderings on ELEMENT, Starwood Hotels & Resorts new extended-stay hotel brand set to open in 2008. The idea behind ELEMENT is to make smart choices intuitive and support the lifestyles of guests while they are away from home. ELEMENT Hotels performed research on guest behavior, which revealed that socially conscious hotel guests are more likely to leave their good habits at home when traveling. That’s because, depending on the hotel, it may be difficult to recycle, conserve water, or maintain a lower impact lifestyle. ELEMENT Hotels aims to change that. Key smart design features of this green hotel include the following:
- Shampoo/conditioner dispensers will eliminate multiple mini-bottles;
- Low-flow sink faucets and dual flush toilets will lead to an estimated conservation of 4,358.6 gallons of water per room each year;
- Eco-friendly materials will be used throughout, including recycled content carpets;
- Low-VOC paints for improved indoor air quality for guests and staff;
- CFL light bulbs will be used throughout the building to reduce energy consumption; and
- Biophilic design that maximizes natural light and sightlines to the outdoors will help connect occupants to their natural surroundings.
Feel free to click on over to this PDF brochure to read more about the ELEMENT Hotel and what it will look like. The hotel design is pretty incredible, as you will see from the images below the fold.
Article tags: Development, IAQ