It’s Saturday night and I wanted to jump into the weekend with a cartoon that I noticed on the Building Seattle Green blog. It made me laugh, but unfortunately, the humor belies a sad reality. Consider this: In what way do we encourage greater reliance on oil (through transportation) by land use policies that further growth in the suburbs? In what way do we encourage building in suburbs by having greater access to cheap gas and enormous, cool vehicles? Maybe I’m overthinking this, but these issues are more inter-related that one would otherwise think. Enjoy the weekend! Tom Toles Comic Archive at Washington Post. Too Tired for Irony, April 14, 2006.Article tags: Weblogs
About archives: This article was contributed by the founder of Jetson Green. With the arrival of new ownership in December 2012, Preston left Jetson Green to pursue other business opportunities. If you have questions or need assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tiny Tack House Transforms Tacks into Tiny Home Movement Advocates
- Residents of The Q Experience Luxurious James Bond Lifestyle with Solar Power
- Shoal Bay House Offers a Minimalist Retreat Along Hawkes Bay
- Seadrift Residence is a Zero-Energy Home With Natural, Stylish Features
- Shipping Containers used in Multi Family Home Build